Good Foods to Ease Arthritis Pain
June 12, 2012 by Estella.
In combination with other arthritis drugs to combat inflammation and pain relief, there are a great many food choices available that can ease the symptoms of arthritis.
If you suffer from arthritis, here is a list of 10 super foods that naturally reduce inflammation and pain.
#1 Fatty fish - salmon, herring, sardines or any other sea fish contain ometa-3 fatty acids and vitamin D that help decrease the inflammation and pain
#2 Extra-virgin olive oil - act like of a very small dose of ibuprofen which blocks enzymes involved in inflammation
#3 Vitamin D - is important for bone strengths; also it is critical that adequate amount of Vitamin D reduce the risk of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Good foods include wild salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring, milk, soy milk
#4 Antioxidants rich food - protect the body from effects of free radicals and reduce inflammation pain.
- Vitamin c or citrus fruits: such as oranges, grapefruits, broccoli, and etc. They protect collagen and lower the risk of gouty arthritis. Foods contains high vitamin C have other plant nutrients that you won't get from vitamin C supplement.
- Selenium: is a mineral may help reduce inflammation linked to arthritis. Good foods including Brazil nuts, tuna, crab, and shrimp
- Beta carotene: found in many foods like cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, apricots, and spinach
- Quercetin: works like aspirin and ibuprofen that acts by inhibiting inflammatory chemicals. some of the best foods include: onions, leek, cherry tomatoes, and grapes
- Anthocyanidins: one of the antioxidants that cut inflammation. Foods include cherries, blueberries, and cranberries
#5 Green tea - contains natural antioxidant compounds that stop the production of certain inflammation-causing substances, including those involving arthritis
#6 Spices such as ginger and turmeric - help arthritis by suppressing inflammatory chemicals in the body.
#7 Chili peppers - contain capsaicin which can improve circulation relieve indigestion, and ease arthritis pain
#8 Brown rice - contains an aminod acid called histidine that helps clear heavy metals to ease arthritis pain
#9 Low protein foods - shop and eat food with less protein content may ease the pain and inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis. Foods include lean poultry, fish, tofu, eggs, natural plain yogurt, nuts and seeds
#10 Red wine - a good source of antioxidant polyphenols which reduce the inflammation
Colchicine is effective in relieving pains and symptoms of gout arthritis in most cases, but make sure you take the right Colchicine dosage.
Filed under: Gout Food Diet, Gout Natural Remedies.
Tags: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, relief arthritis pain, diagnosed with arthritis, arthritis drugs, inflammation and pain relief, symptoms of arthritis.
Leave your comment: