Causes of Secondary Gout
July 20, 2012 by EStella.
Gout may occur along (primary gout) or may be associated with other conditions & diseases. There is a form of gout called secondary gout, is caused by medical conditions or drugs used for treatments. Secondary gout is most commonly found in elderly people; both women and man are on an equal basis.
Certain medical conditions that can increase your risk of developing gout including:
- Cancer and cancer treatment
- Diabetes mellitus, both type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Hemolytic anemia
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol levels
- Psoriasis, a skin disorder
- Reduced kidney function
Certain types of medications can increase the uric acid levels and your risk of developing gout. These include:
- Aspirin, used to treat mild to moderate pain, also used to reduce fever or inflammation
- Chemotherapy medications, used to treat cancer
- Diuretics, used to treat high blood pressure
- Niacin, used to treat high cholesterol
- Ciclsporin, used to treat psoriasis
- Tacrolimus, used to control body's immune response
Your doctor may prescribe a medicine called generic Colcrys 0.6 mg for gout treatment or for managing other conditions you may have.
Filed under: Cochicine 0.6 mg, Colchicine Generic, Gout Causes and Symptoms.
Tags: secondary gout, causes of gout, causes of second gout, gout risk factors, gout attacks, primary gout, colcrys 0.6mg, canadian drugs, colchicine.ca .
Leave your comment: