CDC Website Contains Unique Gout Information
August 5, 2011 by Estella.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) official website is a respected online source of credible health information. The CDC website has an in-depth page on gout in its Arthritis Types section that contains information not always found on other information sites.
- The four stages of gout
- Unique characteristics of gout
- The "gold standard" for diagnosing gout
- Hospital admission and mortality rates for gout
- The difference between gout and gouty arthritis
- Increased risks of other diseases associated with gout
- The increasing prevalence of gout
- Gout medications (the old standards allopurinal and colchicine for gout, and a new gout drug, febuxostat)
The page ends with a list of ten more online gout resources. Check out the page on the CDC website.
Tags: colchicine, colcrys, gouty arthritis, gout medications, colchicine for gout, gout drug, gout information, gout resources.
Leave your comment: